Military Manege and Fortress Museum
Military Manege (Maneesi on the map), built in 1881 as an artillery depot. Later, part of the room was used for a gymnasium, and in the other half, the stage and auditorium of the garrison theater were built. After the war, the Museum of the Soviet-Finnish and second world war was located here.
A wooden bridge connecting the Islands of Mustasaari and Susisaari. Next to the bridge, on the shore of the Strait, is the fortress Museum (Suomenlinna-museo on the map)Important dates in the history of the fortress 1748 – construction work has Started under the leadership of Augustine Ehrensvard. Two years later, the fortress received the name of Sveaborg, in Finnish – Viapori. 1788-Gustav III started the war. Viapori was the main stronghold of Sweden during the war. 1808-Finnish war and blockade of Viapori. After a three-month siege, the fortress surrendered to the Russian army. 1855-the Crimean war and the shelling of Viapori. During this bombardment by the Anglo-French fleet, the fortress received significant damage. 1906 – The Uprising Viapori. The uprising was a consequence of the revolutionary movement in Russia. 1917-Revolution in Russia. On December 6, Finland declared independence. 1918-the Fortress was annexed to Finland and was named Suomenlinna. After the Finnish civil war, a camp for Finnish red guards was established in the fortress. 1919-the Finnish garrison was established in Suomenlinna. 1973-the military period in the history of the fortress Ended. A Suomenlinna administrative Commission has been established, which is subordinate to the Ministry of education and culture. 1991-UNESCO decided to include Suomenlinna in the list of world heritage sites of humanity.