Casa de las Sirenas (House of Sirens), Seville
This mansion, named Casa Las Sirenas (House of Sirens, map) was built on the West side of Alameda square to order Lazaro Fernandez de Angulo, Marquise Actively. . The house was built in 1861-1864 and got its name thanks to two statues decorating the entrance to the mansion(not preserved).
The author of the project, the architect joaquín fernández Aracari, recreated the appearance of a typical French Palace 18th century.
The house fenche is independent architectural structure, built in 1862 by architect Hermanos Portilla.
Marquis de Exively enjoyed to new building not long, selling a building to construction company of brothers Basilio del Camino in 1870. Subsequently the house changed several owners, and to the seventies of the twentieth century came to a complete standstill. in 1989 the house was acquired by the city Council and after a long restoration, in 1998 the house of Sirens settled community center (Centro Cívico), where a variety of public events.