Czech Police Museum
On Charles Hill, at the northern tip of the Nuselsky Bridge, there is an interesting museum dedicated to the history of the Czech police. The museum occupies the territory of the former Augustinian monastery, which was founded in 1350 by King Charles IV. There is also the Church of the Virgin Mary and St. Charlemagne with a high Gothic dome, along which you can easily find this place. Its history began in 1964, when the monastery was transferred to the Ministry of Internal Affairs. After the restoration, the Museum of the Border Guard, which in Czechoslovakia was part of the Ministry of Internal Affairs, was opened here. In 1973, the theme was expanded and the name was changed to the Museum of the National Security Corps (SNB) and the Interior Ministry troops who guarded the Communist regime. In 1991, the Velvet Revolution took place and the exhibition was completely depoliticized and reformed. At the same time, the Museum received its modern name and began to objectively reflect the history of Czech law enforcement agencies from the birth of the gendarmerie to the present day. The museum is open from Tuesday to Sunday from 10:00 to 17:00, the cost of a regular ticket is CZK 100, for children, students and pensioners CZK 50.
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..

..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..