College Santo António da Pedreira, Coimbra
San Antonio Pedreira school (College Santo António da Pedreira on the map)
it was founded in 1602 by Franciscan monks. In 1834, in connection with
with the abolition of the monasteries, the building became the property of the state and
it opened a shelter for homeless and underprivileged children. This
the institution is still functioning today.
In the chapel that belonged to the the College has preserved the decoration of the 17th century-tiled panels on the walls, wooden sculptures and paintings by Franciscan artists..
unfortunately, it was not possible to get acquainted with the interior of the chapel, there is no
information about the possibility of visiting it.